Keeping on top of any gas plumbing and heating problems in your home will help keep your family safe – and can save you money as well. This is especially true of spotting a gas leak in your home.
With any natural gas leaks, safety is paramount. Here are the major warning signs to look for:
- The first sign of a gas leak is often a distinctive smell like rotten eggs coming from gas pipes or gas appliances, along with a hissing or whistling sound near gas appliances.
- You can check by turning off your household gas appliances and checking the gas meter.
- If the gas meter is still rising, chances are you have a gas leak.
- Stay calm and don’t use electrical appliances or naked flames.
- Move to a safe location. From there, call Express Plumbing & Gas on 1300 349 532.
We have specialist gas leak detecting equipment that enables our qualified gasfitters to have your gas leak secured in no time. So remember – call us and get your gas leak fixed quickly and safely.